Youve just discovered a better way to insulate your ovens and miles of steam pipe for energy savings and to prevent CUI, and now youve got to convince corporate that Heat Shield EPX-H2O is as great as it looks on paper.
This is often a stuck point for many facilities. Their plant management team finds a better way to improve processes, but theyre not the ones allocating the money in the budget. That EPX-H2O specification you received with cost and payback goes a long way towards convincing the right people that the technology is going to be a great fit, but getting approvals for purchases can sometimes take a backseat to other corporate needs.
Weve found that whenever the savvy plant managers and engineers that we work with hit this stuck point, the old adage Seeing is Believing! is the best way past it.
Our Heat Shield EPX-H2O industrial insulation coating is not only a powerhouse, designed specifically for the durability needs of factories and extreme environments around the globe, but it also has quickly convinced anyone thats seen it in action of its energy saving and performance benefits.
Our Technical Team is on the ground just about every week showing off the product in demonstrations on boilers, steam pipes, ovens, and just about any hot factory surface you can imagine and they always come back having made a big impression.
Why is EPX-H2O So Easy to Demonstrate?
There are few reasons that make this the best product for quick, easy, and compelling insulation demonstrations:
- It can be sprayed on while equipment is hot
- It is sold in a 2 gallon size, perfect for demos
- You dont need any expensive equipment
- If coated on a hot surface, it dries in just a few hours and can show a significant temperature reduction (it will continue to get better as it cures)
- A coverage as little as 3 coats can give you an impressive measurable temperature difference
- Its water-based, so clean up is easy
Step-by-Step Instructions for Demonstrating Heat Shield EPX-H2O at Your Facility
1. Contact Syneffex First. Contact us to discuss your application. Depending upon the circumstances, we may be able to send a team at no charge to do the demo for you or if not, well advise you on the number of coats to use and the best equipment/area for the demo.
2. Purchase the EPX-H2O Insulation Coating. Based upon our discussion in step 1, well send you an invoice for the amount of product you need, and if youd like we can also sell you a texture sprayer or give you a link to purchase it yourself.
3. Gather Your Demo Items. Youll need:
- A mixer (attached to a drill) to mix the part A and part B together
- A drop cloth and/or painter tape to cover any areas like gauges from overspray
- Texture sprayer
- Surface contact thermometer (not infrared, which can give false readings on light or reflective surfaces)
- Place to record before and after temperature readings.
4. Clean Surface & Allow to Dry
5. Measure Before Temperature
6. Spray Apply 1st Coat at 10 Mils (254 microns)
7. Allow to Dry to Touch (15 minutes if on hot surface to 2 -4 hours if cool surface)
8. Repeat Steps 6 & 7 for Remaining Coats (recommended in step 1)
9. Once Dry to Touch, Measure After Temperature
10. Amaze Everyone with the Results!