We often get customers with boats, both big and small, in need of insulation that will effectively insulate and protect everything from personal sailboats to large container vessels. Some of the wish list for their perfect insulation coating includes:
– Preventing the sun from heating up the cabin
– Insulating fuel systems to lower costs
– Providing corrosion protection
– Providing mold/mildew resistance
– Standing up to salt spray
– Non-flammable and/or flame resistant insulation
When they come across our Syneffex coating technology, they cant believe that one line of products fulfills their whole wish list! Thats the power of superior science and patented multi-purpose technology!
Did You Know That Insulation Is a Big Issue in Boats?
Its true, insulating boats is a common issue as many of them are not even specified with proper insulation.
Here are a few eye-opening facts:
– From Sail Magazine: In cold climates condensation and mold are a severe problem that older fibrous insulations cant solve.
– From The Frugal Mariner: The four main reasons for insulating a boat are:
– To keep it warm
– To keep it cool
– To keep it dry
– To keep it quiet
They have a great step-by-step illustration, and we recommend using our Energy Protect clear thermal insulation coating on the cabin and hull areas as the easiest and best solution.
From Ocean Navigator: Controlling condensation is one of the main problems in boats because it can cause mold build-up on hulls and decks and corrosion of metals. Drips from condensation are also a safety problem for passengers and crew.
From Outer Reef Yachts: Even in the specifications for luxury yachts, many do not mention thermal insulation to lower energy costs for heating and cooling and increased comfort.