Dear Sustainable Friend,
Heat exchangers come in all shapes and sizes, which makes insulating them a challenge with older types of insulation. Theyre not easily wrapped with fiberglass or mineral wool and pre-formed sleeves are expensive and dont always fit perfectly. Plus, those insulators cause corrosion under insulation (CUI).
Its important that the whole steam system, including heat exchangers, is insulated to save energy, keep surface temperatures at a safe-to-touch range, and to maintain steam quality.
Types of Heat Exchangers Include:
– Shell and tube heat exchanger
– Plate heat exchangers
– Plate and shell heat exchanger
– Adiabatic wheel heat exchanger
– Plate fin heat exchanger
– Pillow plate heat exchanger
– Fluid heat exchangers
– Waste heat recovery units
Whats the Best Heat Exchanger Insulation?
An insulation that can fit any size or shape of heat exchanger is the gold standard. Syneffex Heat Shield thermal insulation coatings are easily sprayed on to all shapes of equipment. They can handle the bends of shell and tube heat exchangers and the tight spaces of plate heat exchangers. They really fit anything you spray them on a like a glove!
Syneffex Heat Shield EPX-H2O and Heat Shield High Heatcan be used up to 400F/204C and are perfect for just about any steam system application.
What can you expect from Syneffex Coatings?
– Can be applied while heat exchanger is operating
– Can lower surfaces as hot as 400F/204C down to a safe touch of
– Customers report energy savings of 15% to 35% or more
– Easy spray application with standard equipment
– Water-based, low VOC, non-toxic