When large commercial projects are being remediated for lead, theres often more than just a single surface type to cover. And if contractors arent using the right lead encapsulation solution, that means they may have to purchase primers for corrosion or different coatings for different surface types.
What they really want is one powerful lead encapsulation coating that can be used on everything. What they need is LeadX
an all-in-one lead encapsulation solution that can be used over multiple substrate types, no primer needed.
Additionally, LeadX gives you the versatility to keep the look of the underlying substrate, with a clear version (LeadX clear lead encapsulating paint), it also comes in a white, or can be custom tinted to a desired color (LeadX white or custom tint lead encapsulating paint).
Typical Lead Hazard Locations
In 1978, lead paint was banned from being used due to the hazards to human health. Buildings and homes built before 1978 are likely to contain lead paint or lead dust that needs to be abated.
Typical lead hazards include:
- Lead-based paint, which can be found throughout a building, on walls, window sills, ceilings, beams, and more.
- Lead dust thats been left behind after lead paint has been removed, especially from a porous surface like brick, wood, or concrete.
- Lead paint residue thats seeped into metal over time.
- Lead dust as a result of a manufacturing process that contained lead, which can permeate a buildings entire interior on several substrates.
How a Lead Encapsulant Works
A lead encapsulation coating covers the lead contaminated surface and acts as a safety barrier. Once an encapsulation paint is properly applied to the surface, it will test negative for lead and make it safe for people to be around.
LeadX encapsulation coating by Syneffex can be used on multiple building surfaces including, but not limited to:
One Coating – Multiple Benefits
One of the biggest benefits of using LeadX for lead abatement is that it offers multiple value-added features beyond just lead encapsulation, which means more bang for your buck.
LeadX features include:
- Safe lead abatement
- Corrosion prevention
- Mold/Mildew resistance
- UV resistance
- Moisture resistance
- Thin film application (just 8 wet mils/ 1.5 dry mils total)
- Comes in clear, white, or tintable
- Water-based, environmentally friendly
- Has been approved for historical projects
LeadX is the safe & trusted choice for major lead remediation and rehabilitation projects ranging from historical and commercial renovations to government bases.