There used to be a time when the US and Canada were the two main countries that had requirements for lead abatement that required remediation of commercial facilities. Any surfaces testing positive for lead are required to be made safe for inhabitants through approved lead remediation methods, one of which is our LeadX clear lead encapsulation coating.
However, with the release of the ISO 45001:2018… the worlds much anticipated International Standard for occupational health and safety (OH&S)
making workplaces safe from lead contamination is now becoming a global priority.
The standard was developed to provide a framework to improve employee safety, reduce workplace risks and health hazards, and create better, safer working conditions all over the world.
Dangers of Lead Exposure
The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) has estimated that lead exposure accounted for 494,550 deaths and loss of 9.3 million disability-adjusted life years (DALYs) due to long-term effects on health in 2015. (WHO)
There is no known level of lead exposure that can be considered safe.
Lead acts cumulatively over time as a toxicant that negatively impacts multiple body systems.
Exposure to lead can come from:
– Lead-based paint
– Lead dust/residue in buildings from manufacturing or recycling
– Leaded fuels
– Lead solder or pipes
LeadX is the safe & trusted choice for major lead remediation and rehabilitation projects ranging from historical and commercial renovations to government bases.
Sustainable & Simple Lead Remediation
LeadX, our clear and powerful lead abatement coating, is used widely by government agencies, museum, municipalities, commercial real estate developers, and others to safely paint over lead contaminated surfaces and make them safe for those that live or work in a building.
Some of the reasons this is the #1 lead abatement coating for many organizations are:
– Safely encapsulates lead with an easy 2-coat coverage
– Its clear and doesnt obscure the underlying surface (available in white & colors also)
– This lead encapsulating paint applies easily with standard paint sprayer, brush, or roller
– Sustainable, water-based, non-toxic, low VOC product
– Safe for use on older buildings, wont cause moisture trapping
– Meets EPA guidelines for lead encapsulation products